Thursday, October 18, 2012

Goal met!

Love the fall colors!
This was where I started my run this morning.  I didn't really start out with any specific goals in mind.  Just knew that I wanted to run for longer than 22 minutes without walking.  It was kinda rough at first, not gonna lie, because the air was COOOLD.  It took me a good 10 minutes to get adjusted to that.  Once I hit 25 minutes I was feeling invincible lol (endorphins maybe??)  I was struggling to keep myself from dancing to the music on my iphone. At that point I think I decided it would be REALLY AMAZING if I could run the entire thing and text husband at the end that I had done it.  That's what really made me push through and run it all.  I ran 3.11 in 40:08.  I really was hoping at the end to get it done in under 40, but that's okay!  That gives me something to shoot for next time.

Anyhow, I'm super excited and proud of myself that I accomplished a goal I set for myself (running an entire 5K).  I took great pleasure in marking it DONE on my Pinterest board. LOL. :) It's the little things right?

Happy Thursday!!  Taking little man for an ice cream cone after preschool (I might have bribed him to go to school without a major hissy fit....)

No comments:

Post a Comment