Tuesday, November 6, 2012

titles are overrated


This.


Hope Tuesday is going well for you.  I had a nice run this morning.  I made it 3.05 miles.  I could have gone farther, but I had to get back and pick up a kid from school.

Over the last few days I've been trying to decide what half-marathon I want to run.  I initially figured I would run the Duke City Marathon in Albuquerque in October 2013, but that just seems BORING.  I've been to ABQ a million times.  I read all these blog posts about people going to new and exciting places to do a race and I'm jealous!! ;)  

I found the Durango Double yesterday and I was super excited because I love Durango and it's so much prettier up there.  However, hubby pointed out to me that it is higher in elevation (by 700 feet) and it is much more hilly.  Good point.  THEN he offered to train with me if I would considering doing the Pensacola Marathon.  Back the truck up!!!  Hubby "hates running" by his own admission; so, an offer to train with me is a big deal (to me).  He likes to do the obstacle races (Dirty Dash, Warrior Dash, etc.) because it's not just straight running.  

The Pensacola area has a special place in my heart anyway.  From the time I was 4 years old we went on vacation every summer to that area.  Hubby went for the first time when we were dating in college and we went in June of this year for a big family vacation. So, running a half in Pensacola would be very special, not to mention that it is lower in elevation than us ( by  A LOT).  

Perdido Key, Florida (where my heart lives)

Yours truly


2 comments:

  1. Ooo, this is exciting! Destination races are where it's at!! Of course, it adds a bit more pressure (I'm a headcase, I'll admit it) with logistics but I say go for it! We're doing the Ft Lauderdale Half in February. I'm pretty excited to run along the A1A for a few miles...... in the dead of winter! Great run today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea the downside is the extra stress......and added expenses! I think it will be worth it though! The Ft. Lauderdale Half sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete