Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Need hugs...


Apparently today is National Hug a Runner Day....how appropriate.  I need hugs.  I'm still pretty down on myself about the race on Saturday.  It really did a number on my confidence.


I am not running today because I have tons of stuff to do to get caught up this week and get ready for the holiday.  During the time that I would normally be running today I have to go pick up my daughter's class pet because we are keeping it over the holiday......I will post a picture later of this "pet."  

Since today is Bookish Tuesday I wanted to tell you about a book I read recently......

I read On The Island by Tracy Garvis Graves a few months ago.  I picked it up because it was new and it was on the New York Times Bestseller List. 


I think they are also making a movie out of this one right now too.  It was a good read, and at the time I really liked it, but it does have some controversial material.  It's about a teacher/tutor and her pupil that get stranded on a deserted island.  Over the course of a few years the pupil grows up and they fall in love.  It's all on the up and up and legal (lol), i.e.,  the pupil is 18 when they first start their relationship.  At the time I really loved it.....then afterwards I kinda felt cheap and used.  I have this theory that smutty/easy books are like a one night stand.  They are awesome at the time and lots of fun, but then the next day you feel dirty and cheap.  I'm not sure what the distinction is with this one because it's certainly not full of smut....I'm confused. LOL.  Anyhow, I'm not saying it's not a good book, because I did like it!  Basically, if you are looking for an easy read that will suck you in then this is a good choice.  Just don't be surprised if you're doing the walk of shame the next morning.  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment