Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!!

Where's the shocker??? ;)


Thanksgiving is one my favorite holidays!  There's no money/present buying stress, just food and family/friends!  We are doing Turkey Day at our house tomorrow with some neighbors because our families live far away.  I'm looking forward to it!  They aren't awkward we kind of know you neighbors, they are almost family neighbors! :)  I got a head start on cleaning last night, (i.e., I folded our Mt Everest of clothes while watching UP) so I should be able to finish up tonight.  Tomorrow morning I hope to get in a run (Carry a Thankful Heart virtual 5k!!) before I start cooking like a mad woman.

Yesterday was a really hard day for me....as I mentioned Saturday's race is really bothering me.  So much so that I have decided not to do anymore races for a while. Hubby said that avoiding them is not really a good solution, but that's all I got right now.  He has a theory that the anxiety of all the people there screws up my performance.  I don't know how much of that screwed me up on Saturday, but right now I'm just going to focus on running but no races (i.e., with my tail between my legs, for now.)

Back to Turkey Day - Here's the menu :

- Turkey - hubby's area
- Sweet Potato Casserole - with marshmallows on top noobs!
- CORNBREAD dressing - I'm from the south.
- Bread stuffing - Hubby is not from the south so he prefers this variety (WTF?)
- Cranberry sauce - I'm content with canned, but neighbor is bring the real deal.
- Green bean casserole
- Giblet gravy
- Pumpkin pie
- Chess pie
- WINE.
- WINE.
- WINE.





No comments:

Post a Comment